Saturday 17 March 2012

Even more blooming marvellous



Last summer I created some fabric flowers as I wanted to add some height to display ...click on Blooming Marvellous post to see the original post.
 


Although I was very pleased with them at the time I felt they were missing something....leaves.  So armed with my scissors I set about trying to add leaves.  My initial idea was to sandwich wire inside the leaf fabric but it didn't quite work as I'd envisaged...so onto plan b.
 





This time I tried putting fusible webbing between in the fabric to give it a bit more stiffness and changing the shape of the leaf so that I could wrap and glue the stalk part around the flower stem.

 

One leaf on and I'm happy.  Right onto making a few more then.

I have the flowers on my dining room table now and I love them.


And you've probably spotted that they feature in my current blog header picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...