Sunday 12 May 2013

Strawberries and Cream

Outside on Friday  the weather was doing this...the wind and rain were really battering my tulips...but inside.....


....we were enjoying a very summery treat and pretending it's all blue skies, fluffy white clouds and warm sunshine....it's Strawberries and Cream Fairy Cake time...delicious.

What you can't see from these photos is that underneath the vanilla butter cream is a hidden spoonful of yummy strawberry jam nestled into the sponge...a little hidden surprise!




Lovely fairy cakes ready for me to add the sliced strawberries just before serving. 

 

 
These cakes did have strawberries on them but by the time I had my camera ready they had been picked off and eaten....I think Miss M is just popping the last slice into her mouth on the top left photo!!  Miss E is digging down through the cream to find the hidden surprise!

And yes I did have one later as well but didn't feel the need to photo the event!  My fabulous friend Tiff and I enjoyed one at our Friday "teaclub" washed down with a glass of champagne.  Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...