Thursday 18 December 2014

Nova Hreod Dickensian Evening 2014

"Christmas was close at hand, in all his bluff and hearty honesty; it was the season of hospitality, merriment, and open-heartedness; the old year was preparing, like an ancient philosopher, to call his friends around him, and amidst the sound of feasting and revelry to pass gently and calmly away."  
The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens


This was my first Dickensian Evening and what a fabulous setting in the amazing centre dome of Nova Hreoad School.  While I was setting up my stall, Mr A, Miss M and Miss E had a guided tour by our friend Scott and they all came back buzzy with tales of what they had seen.


The view from my stall.  We were kind of outside, yet inside!



Music and carols were performed, chestnuts were roasted and eaten and Christmas gifts were bought.




It was a cold night but my chilly penguin friends didn't even ruffle a feather!

Thank you for having me x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...